The Beacon of Hope Service, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, has been serving the residents of Madison County, North Carolina since 1997. The Beacon of Hope Service is partners with Manna FoodBank, an accredited member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger relief organization.
The Beacon of Hope Service is located in Marshall, North Carolina, at present, on 120 Calvary Drive. In 2016 the Beacon distributed 463,906 pounds of food to over 13,800 people in Madison County.
What Is Beacon of Hope’s Mission?
Our mission is to serve Madison County residents by providing food, emergency assistance, low-cost thrift store and advocacy to those in need.
- A direct hunger relief service providing nutritious food and teaching them to prepare and eat nutritiously
- Emergency assistance (clothing, food, referrals to community partners for housing and other services.)
- Health Screenings (blood pressure, diabetes, etc.)
- A low-cost Thrift store (clothing, furniture, household essentials, haircuts)
- Advocacy to influence anti-hunger and poverty policy